Permits and Contractor Info
The Building Department, located at City Hall, issues permits necessary for new construction and remodeling or structural improvements of all commercial and residential buildings. The type of projects include additions, garages, sheds, storage buildings, swimming pools, roofs, decks, siding, fences, and signs.
Permit applications may be obtained by visiting the Building Department or downloaded as a PDF below.
THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT DOES NOT ACCEPT ELECTRONIC SUBMITTALS.
ALL SUBMITTALS MUST BE MAILED IN OR DROPPED OFF IN-PERSON AT THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT.
ALL Residential SUBMITTALS REQUIRE ONE (1) COMPLETED PERMIT APPLICATION AND TWO (2) SETS OF DETAILED CONSTRUCTION PLANS.
- Residential Addition Submittal Checklist
- Residential Remodel Checklist
- Demo - Interior
- Demo - Structure
- Detached Garage
- Electric - Commercial
- Electric - Residential
- Fence - Swimming Pools
- Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Suppression
- Generator - Commercial
- Generator - Residential
- Home Yard, Garage or Vehicle Sales
- Lawn Sprinkler Permit Application and Guidelines
- New Home Application and Requirements
- Pools and Required Inspections
- Portable Storage POD
- Utility Building/Shed
- Windows, Doors, and Siding Permit
- Deck Permit
- WATERPROOFING PERMIT APPLICATION
- Engineering Guidelines_NewHome
Fillable PDF's for Permit Applications
***Effective Jan. 3, 2022, permit fees with also increase. Refer to the website for the new fee schedule.
- Signs - Banners and Temporary Sign Permit
- Signs - Permanent Sign Permit (re-facing of existing approved signs)
- Signs - Planning commission application please see the Planning Department webpage.
- Signs - Temporary Construction Signs
- Sign Permit Fees