Participation in any physical activity can have inherent and unforeseeable risks that may cause injury or harm. Therefore, anyone taking part in a program or activity sponsored by the Westlake Recreation Department must assume the risks associated with such participation, and be responsible for taking proper precautions.
- To enter activity areas you must: present a current membership card, be a registered guest of a member, pay a non-member resident fee after showing verification of Westlake residency, participate in a registered program, or register as a visitor. A visitor is someone who is touring the facility as a prospective member or is here to watch a participant in a Westlake Recreation Center program.
- Locker rooms are available to members and guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Members/guests are required to bring a lock to secure their belongings, which must be removed at the end of the day. The City of Westlake is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Towel service is not provided.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the building after 8 pm unless accompanied by an adult/legal guardian, or are in a registered program.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older) or parent/legal guardian while in the building at all times.
- Children can not be left unattended at any time during their visit.
- Individuals are not permitted to use the center for personal gain. All individual lessons (personal trainers, basketball, swim, etc.) must be currently under written contract with the City of Westlake. Families with young children must use same gender locker rooms or the family locker room when changing.