What to Expect
The 86-acre Recreation Center Park is home to the Westlake Recreation Center
, while Clague Park
, Roman Park
, Tri-City Park
, and Bradley Nature Park
are home to some of the most beautiful spaces in Westlake.
In addition to recreation, parents and educators can also utilize the parks as outdoor classrooms for a variety of subjects. For instance, Bradley Nature Park
will have new signs posted in late spring that provide updated information about wildlife typically found in the park, courtesy of a local Girl Scout working on her Gold Award project.
Outdoor Facilities at the Recreation Center
- The 1.2 mile outdoor walking/running track is open year-round.
- The 5 tennis courts are open from March to November (weather permitting) and are on a first come, first serve basis unless reserved for Westlake Recreation programming.
- The baseball/softball diamonds are used in the spring and summer for youth and adult games. Fields are on a first come, first serve basis unless scheduled by the Recreation Department.
- The Recreation Center Park is open from dawn to dark.
- Alcohol is prohibited within the park grounds.
- The 5-acre lake is stocked with fish. A fishing license is required for anyone ages 16 and older per state law.
- Outdoor restrooms are available April- November (weather permitting).
- A large playground is also open during park hours.